'I want to celebrate curves... even though I don't have many myself,' says Victoria Beckham the size zero fashion designer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts4khOy0EoMendofvid

[starttext]

By Daily Mail Reporter

On the sofa: Victoria Beckham joined Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg on The View for their 'Fashion Friday' segment


Victoria Beckham has revealed she wants her fashion line to be a celebration of womanly curves - despite being a rail thin size zero.

The Spice Girl turned designer showed off the latest looks from her new Autumn Winter 2010 collection on US TV show The View today.

She said: 'For me, colour is always important. So I've got some strong colours this season. It's about texture, and also a lot of drapery.

'And I just want to celebrate a woman's curves. Although, you're right, I don't have that many myself.'


Posh looks: The star, who was wearing jeans from her denim range, was on the show to talk about her Autumn Winter 2010 collection


Host Barbara Walters said: 'I didn't say anything!'

Victoria added: 'I want to celebrate a woman's curves. I love a woman's body and I want to make women look and feel fantastic.'

She then showed off several looks from her fall collection, including her handbags, to applause from the studio audience.

She said the bags were aimed at working mums - which means that they are 'chic' as well as spacious.

She also joked that she plans to stick with designing, rather than return to her singing days with the Spice Girls.


Body of work: Posh said she wanted her clothing to celebrate a woman's shapely figure, but admitted she didn't have many curves


Asked by Barbara Walters if she planned to perform again, Victoria, 36, joked: 'I don't think so. I was never really that good anyway!'

She also told how she would love to dress America's First Lady, Michelle Obama.
She said: 'I would love to.

'You know, I dressed Sarah Jessica Parker for an event at the White House so I'm getting there. I'm in the door!'

She also beamed with pride as Walters showed off the front page of fashion industry bible Women's Wear Daily [WWD], featuring one of Victoria's designs.

The mother-of-three said: 'It's been a real whirlwind. To be on the cover of WWD is such a big deal.'


Look, she's smiling! Victoria giggled as she was asked if she would ever go back to the days of performing with the Spice Girls. She confessed she was 'never really that good'


Explaining that she designed it herself, she said: 'With this dress that was on the cover it was me in my studio, with a metre-and-a-half of parachute silk, draping it on myself and tying it in a knot and saying, "OK, what do I think?"

'And to look at where it started and see it on the cover, it is incredible, it really is a dream come true.'

She also set the record straight about comments she refused to use size zero models for her fashion shows.

'The tabloids said that I said that, and in actual fact I didn't,' she said.


Proud moment: Posh said she was delighted that fashion industry newspaper Women's Wear Daily featured one of her dresses on the cover


'However it is something that I do agree with and take into consideration every season. I take my position very seriously.

'For me so long as the girls are healthy, aren't too young and [are] fit, that's what I'm looking for. I don't want a really, really skinny model.'

She admitted that she was a size zero herself - but said she was healthy.

She said: 'I work out, I eat healthily, I'm running around after three children.

She also weighed in on an earlier discussion the four female hosts were having about being bored of their own children.

'I wouldn't say I'm bored,' she said. 'I'm a bit fed up of having footballs kicked at me. Obviously they love soccer because of [dad] David [Beckham. Being a mum is hard.

'Being a working mum is extra hard.'

And she admitted that she might be living out fantasies of having a baby girl by dressing up the family's pet pooch, Coco.


Juggling act: Victoria says being a working mother is 'extra hard'


She said: 'She does get a pedicure, yes. The kids really have a lot of fun with Coco. And yes, it is dog friendly nail polish.

'She's a bulldog, she needs all the help she can get! We tried to femninize her a little bit, make her feel sexy.'

When it was suggested that she might need to have a daughter, she said: 'One day if we're lucky enough. They're all [the other kids] getting so big.'

And she poked fun at husband of 11 years, David. She said: 'He's great, we're very lucky.

'He's a pain in the neck sometimes, don't get me wrong. I mean, he looks perfect...'
Meanwhile, everyone in the audience of the ABC network show got to take home a bottle of her signature perfume.


Bright and bold: Posh's collection features plenty of colour


source: dailymail
[endtext]

Blog Archive