'It takes quite a bit to make me cry - what was I doing?': Delita on her emotional exit from Britain's Next Top Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-4pLaNyg0endofvid
[starttext]
By Tamara Abraham


Evicted: Delita Cole was the latest hopeful to be eliminated from Britain's Next Top Model


She'd been in the bottom two before, but for Delita Cole, her elimination from the Britain's Next Top Model house still came as something of a shock.

The 19-year-old, who was one of the youngest among the hopefuls, was evicted last night in an emotional finale.

She struggled to hold back the tears as she told host Elle Macpherson how grateful she was to have been a part of the show

'I don't usually cry - it takes quite a bit,' she told MailOnline in an interview yesterday.

'I was like: "What the hell am I doing? Crying!"

'But I was really thankful, and I just thought, I'm going to tell them.'

She said the elimination disappeared in a blur, but she knew she was going home as soon as she realised that she and Tiffany were the last pair standing

'I looked to the left of me and I was like: "Oh my God, I'm honestly going home."'
She added that producers didn't give her a chance to bid farewell to her fellow contestants - girsl she describes as friends for life.

'You literally just walk out,' she said. 'You have to go back to the house to pack on your own - none of the other girls are there.'

Like Harleen, last week's evictee, Delita was allowed to write a farewell letter to her former housemates.

But this time there were no bitchy asides.

'I wanted to do a letter to all the girls, and another one to Charlotte - she was like my best mate,' she said.

'But you can only do one, so I just sent one to Charlotte.'

She told how she had also bonded with Amba, Rachelle and Harleen, but Kirsty's over-confident attitude had not won her any friends in the house.

'She is good, but not one of the best,' Delita revealed. 'It's like she knows it - she's expecting to win.'


Molten lather: Amba has proved tough competition, but this week it was Alisha who stunned the judges


Sweet like chocolate: Britain's Next Top Model hopeful Charlotte (left) handled the task well, but Kirsty (right), who was hungover, struggled with the molten chocolate on the shoot for Palmer's Cocoa Butter


Instead she named Joy as one to watch.

'Joy deserves to win,' she said. She added that the 20-year-old also had a fan in judge Julien McDonald, whose harsh words made the Leeds-born model cry during the elimination process.

'It can change your life, and it can change your family's life,' he told her. 'So make it work for them and not just you. You can do it Joy.'


Choc tactics: Judge Grace Woodward told Olivia that she should have closed her mouth in the shoot, as her teeth weren't her best asset


'Julien loves Joy, cause she's so thin,' Delita explained. But she felt that the fashion designer's comments were too personal.

'He always says that,' she said. 'It's got nothing to do with modelling - there's no need to bring personal stuff into it.'

Delita also revealed that several of the other girls had modelling experience prior to the show, which gave them an unfair advantage

'Tiffany is very strong,' she said. 'But she's got a lot of experience.

'I'd never done a shoot in my life, but all the others had.

'The first shoot was reallly awkward - they were saying look at them, but don't look at them - I was so confused.

'I can just about smile for the camera!'

This week saw the girls attempt their most challenging tasks to date. The ten remaining contestants were made to pose nude, dripping with molten chocolate.

The shoot, for Palmer's Cocoa Butter, was perhaps their most challenging task to date, and while some of the girls were confident stripping off, several struggled with the idea.

'That was one of my favourite shoots,' Delita admitted - but Tiffany, 18, had some reservations, admitting: 'I would never usually do any sort of nudity at all, whatsoever, for any modelling.'

And Kirsty, who was battling a hangover after a night out the previous evening, struggled to stomach the scent of the chocolate as she prepared for her turn in front of the camera.

'I had to leave the make-up artist to use the bathroom - she knew I was going to be sick,' she said.

But Charlotte, who has proved a favourite with host Elle Macpherson, likened the chocolate to a layer of clothing - 'you kind of forget you're stood there butt naked,' she said.


Raising the (chocolate) bar: The judging panel were full of praise for Nicola's final photo (left), but Tiffany (right) who hates her new short haircut, struggled when the liquid was poured over her face


I should cocoa: Amelia (left) took some time to get her expression right, while Joy (right), after a disastrous first task, won the judges over with a beautiful shot on the chocolate shoot


Tonight's episode also sees an appearance from Beyoncé, albeit via video link. She instructs the aspiring models to film a short commercial for her latest fragrance.

Even Elle seemed to be impressed by the singer's presence. After a video message was aired ahead of the elimination, Elle exclaimed: 'How cool was that!'


Guest appearance: Beyonce instructs the girls to film a short commercial for her latest fragrance


'I could have died there and then,' added Delita. 'Oh my God it was mad!'
It was the first time any of them had been asked to act on a shoot, and though the girls were keen to impress their superstar idol, they enjoyed varying degrees of success.

Last week there was a shock double eliminations as both Susan Loughanne and Harleen Nottay were asked to leave the competition.

While Harleen received a dignified eviction by a panel made up of host Elle Macpherson, Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts as a guest judge, and regulars Julien Macdonald, stylist Grace Woodward and male model Charley Speed, Susan was rather dramatically sent home in disgrace after two unsuccessful go-sees.

The Dublin-born 23-year-old told MailOnline she was humiliated by the way she was cast aside.

‘It was really cruel,’ she says. ‘I felt very victimised actually. To be honest I was ready to leave because they’d all been mean to me all day.

‘They just crushed me. I was literally fighting back the tears. I didn’t cry though, as I didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of seeing me break down.’

The next episode airs tonight on Living TV at 9pm.

source: dailymail
[endtext]

Blog Archive