My torment at seeing another man bring up my children, by Gavin Henson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOmSxdRkmj4endofvid

[starttext]

By Daily Mail Reporter

Performing together: Charlotte Church was on stage again with Jonathan Powell in Balham last night


Gavin Henson has spoken of his agony at seeing his children being brought up by another man following his split from Charlotte Church.

In his first full interview since his break-up with the singer, the 28-year-old Wales rugby international revealed he felt so 'raw' that he has pleaded for a release from his rugby club for 'compassionate reasons … and my mental state of mind'.

Henson and Miss Church, 24, ended their volatile five-year romance in May, only weeks after their engagement.


Fledgling romance: Charlotte says Jonathan is a 'handsome guy' but Gavin Henson says it tears him apart to see another man with his children


Miss Church – who was nicknamed the Voice of an Angel after finding fame as a child – is now in a relationship with musician Jonathan Powell.

Speaking about his former fiancee’s new boyfriend, an emotional Henson said: 'It’s the worst thing in the world to see your kids being brought up by another fella. It’s not nice at all.

'I don’t want people feeling sorry for me, it goes on and I’ve got to deal with it and I’m dealing with it.

'The last thing I want to do is bad-mouth Charlotte. I’m never going to do that – she’s the mother of my kids.

'We’re just opposites and it just hasn’t worked out.


Bold outfit: Charlotte wore a sheer lace dress over a body suit


'It’s a nightmare situation and it’s been in the tabloids at the weekend again.'

Pain was etched on his face as he talked about his children, one-year-old Dexter and two-year-old Ruby, during the interview on BBC Breakfast.

Henson, who has signed up to star on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing, said: 'I am trying to be the best father I can be when I see them – which is limited – but I want to make my kids proud and for them to see me play rugby.'

His comments came hours after Miss Church appeared alongside Powell at a 'warm-up' gig at a pub in Balham, South London, ahead of the release of her new album, Back To Scratch.

She was accompanied by 23-year-old Powell as he sang backing vocals and played the guitar.

They exchanged loving glances throughout the intimate set in The Bedford pub as she sang songs from the album, which Powell helped write.


'Raw': Gavin Henson spoke to the BBC about his pain from seeing Charlotte with another man


Looking svelte, Miss Church performed barefoot in a glittery, seethrough black lace dress.

Speaking for the first time about her new romance, she said: 'Jonathan is a handsome guy and really cool and we have worked together a lot. We get on well, so we’ll see how it goes.'



Before the break up: The couple with their son Dexter and daughter Ruby


The couple met in Miss Church’s mother’s local pub, the Robin Hood, in Cardiff, although she insisted nothing happened before she and Henson split.

She said: 'Both Jonathan and I ended our relationships long before either of us even thought of moving on.'

Despite Miss Church’s upbeat remarks, Henson made it clear that he is still feeling distraught.

He is on unpaid leave from his club, Ospreys, and injuries appear to have all but finished his international dreams.

Henson said he wanted to be released from the club so he can have a fresh start away from Wales, but could not as Miss Church lives in Cardiff with their children.

'It’s just tough,' he said. 'It’s because I know the players so well and obviously there’ll be banter and obviously the personal relationship with Charlotte is in all the papers. They'll be asking me questions and I’m not quite ready for that. I'm a bit raw, to be honest.

'I had heart-to-heart talks with the Ospreys, I opened my heart to them really, told them what had gone on. I told them for compassionate reasons, for my mental state of mind, I need to go somewhere for the season.

'I don’t want to face it. I want to be somewhere new where people are a little bit too respectful to ask about my business and just don’t know who I am – just have a fresh club and see where I am rugby-wise and then come back to Wales.'

His manager, Matt Ginvert, told the Daily Mail that although this was Henson’s desire, nothing had been confirmed yet.


source :dailymail

[endtext]

Blog Archive