All in the magic: Emma Watson in first ever moving magazine cover (wouldn't Hermione be pleased)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncD1bxEReJcendofvid

[starttext]


By CHRIS JOHNSON

Coming to life: Emma Watson features in the first 'living' magazine cover for the December 2010 U.S. Marie Claire (Press play to see the moving image)


In the magical world of Harry Potter, people move in photographs.

So it is perhaps appropriate that Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the hit movies, has made history by appearing in the first ever moving magazine cover.

Marie Claire has launched an app for the iPad, turning Watson's December covershoot for the American edition of the publication into a 'living' image.

The actress is seen making subtle, flirty movements in the video cover, with her hand resting gracefully on her shoulder.

There is also an accompanying behind-the-scenes video, showing the actress posing for the camera with her new elfin hairstyle.

For the app, Joanna Coles the Editor-In-Chief of American Marie Claire, also makes a video address to the readers in place of the typical editor's letter.

In the magazine interview, Watson opens up about fame and life after Harry Potter.

She is currently starring in the penultimate film of the series, The Deathly Hallows Par 1, having finished filming the final two movies earlier this year. Part 2 of the film is set for release next summer.


Magical: Emma arrives home from the U.S. at Heathrow Airport earlier this week and, right, looking glamorous at the Harry Potter premiere in London last month


Emma, who is studying at Brown University in American, told how she has avoided becoming a wild child thanks to the freedom her parents have afforded her as she grew up.

‘To be honest, I've always had far too much freedom. I had a job when I was 10. I started living on my own when I was 17 or 18,’ she said, explaining why she has stayed on the straight and narrow.

‘I've earned my own money; I've travelled the world. What would I rebel against? I've had so much freedom, sometimes it was hard.'

Speaking about her overnight fame, Emma admitted it was 'pretty scary' at times.
‘My parents wanted to protect me, but they had no idea how to,’ she said.









source: dailymail [endtext]

Blog Archive