Katy Perry goes for a demure look for Paul O'Grady as she admits she 'can't help' bossing husband Russell Brand around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIR8iNmAkyMendofvid

[starttext]

By SARAH BULL

Demure: Katy Perry opted for a sophisticated look as she left Paul O'Grady last night
She said: 'I am overly, compulsively and obsessively in charge of everything. I can't help it, it's just how I am!'


She's been married for less than a month but it seems the balance of power in the Katy Perry Russell Brand relationship is already firmly established.

The 26-year-old star said yesterday she 'can't help' bossing her new husband around, and being in control is just part of her personality.

The Firework singer made the admission as she launched her debut perfume at London's Selfridges yesterday.

She said: 'I am overly, compulsively and obsessively in charge of everything. I can't help it, it's just how I am!'



Meeting the fans: Katy signed autographs after the show


After a busy day promoting the new scent Purr, Katy made a quick change from the vibrant purple outfit she wore during the morning to head over for an interview on Paul O'Grady Live.

Following the interview, Katy left the studios wearing a classy black dress with a warm black winter coat on over the top.

But, being the glamazon she is, Katy decided to team her outfit with a pair of red sparkly sandals.

And, now she is married to a Brit, Katy opted to show her support for Remembrance Day by wearing a large red poppy.

However, earlier in the evening it wasn't such a demure look for the singer as she took to the stage on Paul O'Grady wearing a low-cut black jumpsuit with blue sparkly shoulders and heels to perform her new single Firework.

Talking to O'Grady, Katy spoke about her strict Christian minister parents and how they feel about her choice of career and sometimes risqué songs and outfits.

She explained: 'They are very happy for me and support me. I'm not naive, I know they have different views and I have my views, but that's a dynamic with parents and children a lot of the time.

'The kids are a different generation and they think different things. But we agree to disagree and we get along swell.'


Pretty in purple: Katy wore a vibrant dress as she launched her debut fragrance Purr at Selfridges earlier in the day


However, Katy admitted growing up in such a religious household had its disadvantages.

She said: 'I wasn't allowed to say the word 'lucky' because my mum said it sounded like Lucifer.

'And I remember Halloween was the saddest day of the year because we didn't celebrate. So we turned off all the lights in the house and didn't give away anything.'



source : dailymail
[endtext]

Blog Archive