Elen Rivas and Craig Machlalan fall at the first hurdle as they are voted off Dancing On Ice before the real competition even begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqGQTwpD3SAendofvid

[starttext]

By SARAH BULL

Time to say goodbye: Elen Rivas and Craig Machlalan were voted off Dancing On Ice after the skate-off


Elen Rivas and Craig Machlalan were voted off Dancing On Ice tonight, failing to even get through to the real competition which begins next week.

In a brutal cut which saw only six of eight celebrities competing to make it through, the public voted for former WAG Elen and partner Lukasz Rozycki and ex Neighbours star Craig, as well as partner Maria Filippov, to leave the competition.

A clearly upset Elen said she had enjoyed the process 'very much', while Craig added: 'I've had the best time with this bunch and this woman, Maria, is my absolute treasure.'


Tense: Craig, Jennifer and Elen wait to hear who has been voted off the show


Following a tense skate-off, Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe and her partner Sylvain Longchambon narrowly made it through to the next show after receiving the most votes from the public.

Also through is 'Comedy' Dave Vitty and partner Frankie, Sam Attwater and Brianne Delcourt, Dominic Cork and Alexandra Schauman, Chloe Madeley and Michael Zenezini and Denise Welch and Matt Evers.

Discussing the couples in the skate-off, Jane Torvill said: 'We're very surprised. Jennifer is a great skater, she had a little slip but other than that she's got a lot going for her.'


We're safe! Jennifer Metcalfe and partner Sylvain Longchambon find out they are safe for another week


Craig and Maria were first up, with the Australian actor saying before taking to the ice: 'Now that I've come this far I would love the opportunity to push myself further.'

After the performance, Craig said: 'It was good. Interestingly enough, once you get the first one out of the way, it's amazing how much more settled you are the second time around.

'I know it's not perfect to be in the bottom three but it's certainly an experience.'


It's been fun: The voted off celebrities reminisce about their time on the ITV programme


Jennifer and Sylvain were second to perform, with Jennifer saying before the skate: 'Me and Sylvain have grown so close. He's a good coach, he doesn't tell me off too much, he's perfect for me. He's put so much time and effort into it and I don't want to go yet.

'To go out before the competition starts is definitely unthinkable - I just want to stay in. I feel like I've found where I should be and that's on the ice.'

Afterwards, talking to Phillip, Jennifer said: 'I loved every minute of that. I enjoyed it and I liked the lift too. I'm much happier with that performance.'


Opening the show: Hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby dressed for the occasion in stunning evening wear


And finally, it was the turn of Elen and Lukasz to skate.
Beforehand, Elen said: 'This experience is amazing, I'm learning a new skill and Lukasz is amazing. I don't want to be leaving this week. If I do well in this competition, my little girls will be so proud of their mummy.

'If I go out now I'll be totally devastated - I think I'll cry.'
Following the performance, Elen said: 'I think it went very well. But I'm gutted though, I'm really sad to be here.'


First up: Former Neighbours star Craig Machlalan and skating partner Maria Filippov were first to take to the ice


In the first show of the evening, the remaining eight celebrities battled for the final six places in Dancing On Ice.

And, with the outcome of the show solely dependent on viewers' votes, with the judges having no sway over who stays and who goes, there was everything to skate for.

Before the contestants took to the ice, mentor Christopher Dean said: 'I think they're all really excited to get out there now.'


Green goddess: Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe was up next, performing with partner Sylvain Longchambon


While Jane Torvill added: 'I can feel the tension tonight because our skaters tonight know that one of our strongest skaters, Laura Hamilton, was in the skate-off last week.'

First up to perform was former Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, who danced with Maria Filippov.

However, Craig struggled to get to grips with the difficult routine, before he had to fly back to Australia for work commitments.

His skating partner Maria then had to fly Down Under to teach Craig the routine, but complained: 'It's a super crash course, I've never done this with anyone else before!'


Pretty in pink: Elen Rivas performed with dance partner Lukasz Rozycki, and tried to keep the smile on her face


Before starting the routine to the Rolling Stones' Sympathy For The Devil, Craig said: 'I'm in Aussie - in the winter the pond out the back doesn't freeze over! But I've got blades of glory - they'll call me Blade McLachlan.'

But later, Craig admitted he was feeling nervous, adding: 'I just want to do it justice - I don't want to let Chris and Jane down.'

After a relatively successful dance with just a few mistakes, it was time for the judges to pass their judgements.


Stunned: But Elen was less than impressed with the scores she received from the judges


But the judges weren't too impressed, giving Craig nine out of 30.

Robin Windsor said: 'We know you haven't had the time to put in yet and it sort of shows. But I think you have the chance and you've got a big fan base so if you come back you'll have to give it your all.'

While Emma Bunton added: 'I think you've got so much more to give. I want you to feel less inhibited though.'


Feeling blue? Dominic Cork had been nervous about dropping partner Alexandra Schauman before the show


And, ever-caustic Jason Gardiner rounded off the comments by telling Craig: 'The costume covered a multitude of sins for me tonight.

'There were moments from the waist down you moved quite gingerly - it sort of looked like you were wearing a soiled nappy. You need to bring the showman onto the ice.'

However, undeterred Craig said: 'I don't think I'm ready for Olympic selection just yet!' Maria added: 'He did really well. He was really nervous going out first but really well done.'


Hopeful: This week's celebrity contestants line-up for the cameras after their performances


And mentor Christopher said: 'I think there is much more potential to come'.

Next up was Jennifer Metcalfe, who shone in a revealing and sparkly green outfit as she took to the ice with partner Sylvain to perform the routine to Madonna's Crazy For You.

As she was shown getting ready for the difficult routine, Jennifer said: 'I'm really excited but just nervous, I don't know what to expect. I'd like my dance partner to be strong and muscly so I feel safe in their arms.'

And after meeting French charmer Sylvain, Jennifer said: 'Is he straight and single?'





Comedy Dave Dancing on ice Qualifier






Ellie Goulding Performing 'Your Song' on Dancing on Ice (16-1-11)







source :dailymail [endtext]

Blog Archive