'I lost a bet with Tom': Katie Holmes jokes about how she ended up presenting David Letterman's Top 10 list

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Stepping in: Katie Holmes presented the Top 10 List on the Late Show with David Letterman


She's not known for being a comedy actress.

But Katie Holmes showed her sense of humour last night as she presented the Top 10 List on The Late Show with David Letterman.

The 32-year-old star appeared on the show as David Letterman celebrated his birthday.
Holmes read out the 'Reasons why I'm presenting the Top Ten List' on the show.


Funny girl: Katie is not normally known for her sense of humour


Her reasons were number ten - 'Lost a bet with Tom', number nine - 'They told me this was 'Lopez Tonight', number eight - 'When I heard Bjorn Lomborg was going to be here, how could I say no?', number seven - 'This and an hour of traffic school gets me out of a speeding ticket' and number six - 'I'm here tonight anyway playing bass with the Foo Fighters'.

She then continued to read the list: number five - 'I was in the neighbourhood auditioning for Katie Couric's job', number four - 'It kills time before my table's ready at the Cheesecake Factory', number three - 'Honestly, I have no idea', number two - 'It's easier than getting Dave a birthday present' and number one was - 'What's the downside? No one's going to see this'.


Birthday gift: David Letterman gave Katie some roses after she completed the list


The Top 10 list is a regular spot on the show, originally starting as a joke based on People magazine's regular '10 Worst' lists.

Usually read out by Letterman, Holmes stepped into his shoes as he relaxed on his 65th birthday.


Katie Holmes Laughs Up Letterman


source: dailymail

Blog Archive